Posted by BathBodySupply.com on 1/10/2023 to Formulations
About This Formula:This candy-inspired lip balm will help protect your lips from wintery weather. The oils and butters moisturize while beeswax creates a protective barrier. Using iron oxide pigments allows you to create either a "tint" of color or a pigmented lip color.
You Will Need:
• 2.40 oz. Apricot Kernel Oil
• 0.80 oz. Beeswax Pastilles
• 0.80 oz. Shea Butter, Refined
• 0.050 oz. Cherry Flavor Fragrance Oil (Sweetened)
• 0.050 oz. Chocolate Natural Flavor Oil (Unsweetened)
- In metal pot, add shea butter, apricot kernel oil and beeswax. Heat on low until completely melted.
- Stir the mixture until the temperature reads 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat.
- In a separate container combine the chocolate and cherry flavor oils before adding to the melted ingredients. Stir well.
- In a separate container combine a small amount of red iron oxide with a tiny amount of black oxide to mute the red. The more black you add, the more the red will change in tone so mix until you create a shade you love. Add a small amount of your pigment blend to your liquid mixture.
- Allow to cool to 115F before pouring product into tubes and let cool completely before adding caps.
- Label product accordingly.
To Use: Apply a small amount of tint to lips. Reapply as often as desired.
Ingredients: Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Beeswax, Flavor, Iron Oxides.
Helpful Hint: Once you have added pigment to your liquid mixture, use a small tester spatula (or a cotton swab) dipped into the liquid mixture and applied to your skin to determine the lightness or darkness of the tint on your skin tone. Dispose of spatula/swab once it has touched your skin. Darker skin tones may require more pigment than lighter skin tones. The more pigment you add, the more this product will behave like a lipstick than a tint.