Posted by BathBodySupply.com on 5/18/2022 to Education
Facts About Hempseed Oil:
Does Hempseed Oil contain CBD?
- No. Hempseed Oil is different from cannabidiol (CBD) oil, which is an extract of the cannabis plant and utilizes hemp flowers and leaves for its production.
- Hempseed oil is made from the hemp seed itself and usually doesn’t contain any THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive component.
- Hemp oil constitutes of 80% unsaturated fatty acids and only 20% undesired saturated fats. The oil is rich in essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6.
- Hempseed oil has a mild, nutty odor that is easily masked with fragrance.
- Hempseed oil is lightweight and highly moisturizing. It contains ceramides (lipids that support cellular membranes) and amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and antioxidants like Vitamin E.