Posted by BathBodySupply.com on 5/3/2022 to Education
What is it about hyaluronic acid that makes it so popular with everyone?
- Hyaluronic Acid, commonly abbreviated as “HA”, is a naturally occurring molecule found throughout almost every fluid and tissue in our bodies, primarily in the skin, eyes, and joints.
- Hyaluronic Acid is crucial to the moisture and elasticity of our skin. Unfortunately, as we age, the concentration and molecular weight of HA substantially decreases.
- Hyaluronic Acid is synonymous with Hydration. Think of hyaluronic acid like a BIG drink of water for your skin. It is able to hold up to 1,000 times its molecular weight in water.
- Hyaluronic Acid acts as a humectant and continues to draw moisture in from the surrounding environment. This will provide lasting hydration for the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles retaining moisture to the skin, creating a plumping effect.